Green Beans Almondine
A delicious and easy way to serve green beans! We eat this dish year round, with fresh green beans in the summer and frozen green beans in the winter.
- 4 cups stemmed green beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 T olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds or sunflower seeds
- 2-3 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 T lemon juice
- Steam or boil green beans for 3-5 minutes until tender but still crisp. (If you are using frozen beans, you can skip this step).
- Saute garlic in olive oil in a frying pan until starting to brown.
- Add the rest of ingredients to the garlic and cook until hot.
- Adjust seasonings to taste (Julia likes less soy sauce and lemon juice, Andy likes more)