This soup is simple and delicious! We got the recipe from Mark Bittman’s excellent cookbook: How to Cook Everything.
- 2 T butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes
- 3 leeks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken, beef or vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 cup of half and half or whole milk
- Melt the butter or heat up the oil in a large pot.
- Add the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until starting to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and adjust the heat so the soup gently bubbles. Cook until the vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Stir in half and half or milk and reheat gently.