We love the beauty of swiss chard, but we never really knew what to do with it until we found this recipe, which we love!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems and center ribs cut out and chopped together, leaves coarsely chopped separately
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chard stems and the white wine. Simmer until the stems begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chard leaves, and cook until wilted.
- Finally, stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese; season to taste with salt if needed.