Sauteed swiss chard with parmesan cheese
We love the beauty of swiss chard, but we never really knew what to do with it until we found this recipe, which we love!
From All Recipes: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/148889/sauteed-swiss-chard-with-parmesan-cheese/
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems and center ribs cut out and chopped together, leaves coarsely chopped separately
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chard stems and the white wine. Simmer until the stems begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chard leaves, and cook until wilted.
- Finally, stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese; season to taste with salt if needed.