We created this recipe one day and now it has become a regular part of our repertoire. It’s so simple and so delicious!
- Butternut squash
- Butter or oil
- Spices: We like to use curry powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper
- Fresh mozzarella
- Tomato sauce (this is great with our roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce)
- Other pizza toppings (optional)
- Peel the squash and slice in approx. one inch slices.
- Coat the bottom of a large, flat baking pan with melted butter or olive oil.
- Lay out the squash in a single layer and flip the slices so they are greased on both sides.
- Sprinkle squash slices liberally with your favorite spices. We like to use curry powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cook squash at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Flip squash slices and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- While cooking the squash, prepare the couscous. Boil water with a splash of oil and salt in a saucepan, add the couscous, remove from heat and let sit, covered. We recommend you use 1-3/4 cups liquid to 1-1/2 cups dry couscous.
- Add pizza toppings to the squash slices. We like to use sauce, garlic and fresh mozzarella.
- Broil until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve the squash “pizzas” on top of a bed of couscous.