This is a no-recipe recipe (apparently that’s a thing). We were experimenting the other night and the outcome was delicious!
- Tofu (you could use meat instead)
- Your favorite frying oil or butter (we usually use peanut oil or coconut oil)
- Your choice of vegetables (we used green beans but it would also be good with broccoli, potatoes, peppers and many others)
- Canned pineapple
- Coconut milk (don’t skimp on the coconut milk!)
- Thai curry paste
- Fish sauce
- Lime juice
- Spices. We used curry powder, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. You could try others.
- Peanuts or cashews (optional)
- Cook rice.
- Fry tofu in oil or butter until light brown and crispy on most sides.
- In a separate frying pan, saute onion and garlic. After a few minutes, add spices and vegetables.
- Mix all ingredients together and season to taste.
- Serve over rice with crumbled peanuts or cashews as a garnish.